Monday, March 14, 2011

Fibromyalgia with family and friends.

Well yesterday I was in the hospital for my fibromyalgia because the pain was so bad. Of course not much was done other then a pain shot that didn't work. I can't take Morphine as I am allergic to it so they give me a shot which usually works just not yesterday as the pain was so bad. They did give me some other meds to help with the pain so hopefully between the combination something will work. I haven't had a flare-up like this in awhile. I had my mother take me to the hospital and you would think that since I have had this horrible illness since 2001 and I have lived with her most of the time that she of all people would understand. I was so wrong, I felt that I was such a bother to her. I took a nap when I got home and when I got up I wanted to eat so I could take more meds so I asked her to make me a sandwich and she got mad. I started to cry because of so many emotions and the pain and disbelieve of her actions. Her response to me crying was to tell me I had no reason to be a ball baby. I feel it from so many others all the time that they just don't believe me even if I am almost in tears for the pain is so bad. I just don't understand how people can be like that. I have lost a lot of friends from this illness because I just ain't as much fun anymore. I can't do all the stuff I use to be able to do. I'm not dependable when it comes to keeping dates due to not knowing how I am going to be feeling from one day to the next. I so wish that I had never heard of this illness but now that I have I so hope and pray that they will find a cure right away. I just want people to understand that the pain is real and we have feelings and at times we need help or a shoulder to just cry on. Having this illness for 10 yrs now I still don't understand it all so I can't expect that those around me understand it neither but people need to get more educated whether they get on the internet or talk to others about it. Family and friends of those who have this need to be more understanding. Please if you know someone who has this please learn as much as you can about this illness so you can help them and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment